Welcome to our 5th update in 2019, where we’re sharing some of the exciting things happening here at B-Social.
In this update, we’re sharing our new website, and some big changes for new cardholders as well as pushing closer towards our mission of removing the awkwardness around money.
And, to support our growth, we’re hiring across a number of positions. So, if you’d like to help us achieve our mission — apply here!
We’ve recently redesigned our website to ensure it gives you the same feel-good factor as the app, whilst improving the visibility of our career opportunities. We’ve received great feedback since launch — check it out here.
24/7 card onboarding
A smooth, seamless onboarding is key to ensuring you can get value from B-Social as fast as possible.
With this in mind, we’ve now fully automated our card onboarding for successful applications, enabling you or your friends to sign-up and apply for a card any time of day, in less than 5 minutes.
Improving social finances
We continue to deliver new functionality around social finances. Since our last update:
- You’re now able to seamlessly remove members from Groups, as well as leave Groups you’re no longer using;
- ‘Settle Up’ is easier to find in the main Group page; and
- You can now export details of who owes who outside of the B-Social app.
On 28–29 November, we ran our second hackathon of the year. A short, highly focused event where small, cross-functional teams come together to generate and test new stimulating ideas.
Some of the best ideas we prototyped include:
- Categorisation logos — Each card transaction would have an associated category logo
- Splitting a one-off bill — Split a transaction outside of a Group
- Carbon offset calculator — Calculating the environmental impact of travel purchases and providing a way to offset it
- In-app reactions — Say thanks in-app when a friend pays you back
Keep your eyes peeled for some of these ideas coming in 2020 👀
If you’ve got great ideas of your own — we’d love to hear about them! Get in touch via in-app chat or via email to email@example.com
Download the app today to join us.
The B-Social team
We aren’t a bank yet, but we are in the process of applying to the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to become one!
The B-Social card is a Beta debit Mastercard® and can be used wherever Mastercard® is accepted. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles’ design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. The Card is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd (“WDCS”) pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. WDCS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct electronic money service activities under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Ref: 900051)
This is an e-money product and not covered by FSCS deposit protection.